November 28, 2012

Rikke Hat - Madelinetosh Style

Another Madelinetosh project and I LOVE IT!! I have worn this hat so many times, it is definitely my favorite (and I don't usually wear hats now that I have short hair). It is the perfect fit, yarn, slouch, and color! I just love everything about it!  The pattern is super simple. The only thing that would potentially be a downside to it is all the purl rows.  I don't mind purling so I wasn't frightened off when I saw all the purling that was required. I'm glad too, because it seriously is my favorite hat!

The yarn is amazing!  This was my first project (Zuzu's Petals was my second) working with Madelinetosh and I love it.  The yarn has a bit of spring to it (but not much) which was perfect for this hat. It makes the slouch just right.  It is also incredibly warm. The color is a gray, but it has a bit of purple to it, which I really like.

That's all. The perfect hat made from the perfect yarn.  I'm off to find more projects that I can knit with Madelinetosh!

Pattern: Rikke Hat by Sarah Young
Yarn: Madelinetosh DK in Composition Book Grey
Date Started: February 19, 2012
Date Finished: March 3, 2012
Needles: US 4 (brim) and US 7 (body)
Modifications:  None. I followed the pattern directly. It took me about 8 hours to knit this up (I'm a slow knitter, especially with all the purling)

 




2 comments: